Body of missing Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy found in a suitcase

Body of missing Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy found in a suitcase

Body of missing Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy found in a suitcase

Investigators found Dr Reddy dead in the bag in her own vehicle on Strachan Lane in Kingsford east of the city about 9.30pm on Tuesday.

That head-on collision, around 340 kilometres from where Dr Reddy's body was found, is believed to have been deliberate.

She was working as dental surgeon at Glenbrook Dental Surgery, a hospital about 70 km from Sydney.

In a shocking twist, Narde died on Monday night - a day after Dr Reddy was reported missing - in a head on collision with a truck near Tamworth in what police believe was a deliberate act.

Police had issued a public appeal after the disappearance of the 32-year-old woman.

Police confirmed they spoke to Dr Reddy's former partner as part of the missing persons investigation, before his death.

Reddy told her family members she would have a late breakfast in the central business district before returning home.

"I can not qualify exactly what has happened and I won't put it out there because if we're wrong and it's not substantiated then we're doing a disservice to Preethi and her family", Detective Superintendent Gavin Dengate told the ABC News.

Upon searching the vehicle, officers found the woman's body in a suitcase.

Young India-origin dentist boyfriend found dead in Sydney
Preethi Reddy was last seen waiting in line at McDonald's in George Street on Sunday

Preeti went to St. Leonards for a dental conference where she had met Narde, who was her colleague and friend earlier.

Her phone was last used on Sunday at 1.47pm on George Street.

Surveillance video showed her leaving a McDonald's in Sydney, apparently alone, around 2:15 a.m., 7 News Australia reported.

Her remains were found last night in Strachan Lane, just a few hundred metres from Anzac Parade and about 700m from the University of New South Wales. Police say she was found missed in Sydney.

They believe she reconnected with Dr Narde in Sydney but are still trying to understand exactly what happened.

A Facebook page set up to help find Dr Preethi Reddy said it was "highly out of character for Preethi to not contact family and loved ones".

Dr Reddy last contacted her family on Sunday morning, and police today confirmed Dr Reddy's ex-boyfriend died on Monday night in a fiery auto crash on the New England Highway at Willow Tree.

While we now know that Preethi is no longer with us, the certainty of her movements on Saturday night and Sunday morning are not yet fully known, and we will stay in touch with detectives as they work it all out.

Related news